Lou's Guarino's World Famous Chocolate Chunk Cookies
When I was a kid my grandmother would steal a few of our chocolate Easter bunnies and store them in the freezer until she was ready to make her world famous chocolate chunk cookies. In keeping in her tradition, I would always buy extra Sarris chocolate bunnies and chocolate covered pretzels for the kids (and me!) at Easter time knowing I would use them to make my much sought after cookies.
(Recipe submitted by Lou Guarino)
- 6 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups (4 sticks) butter (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons vanilla butter nut extract
- 4 large eggs
- 3-4 cups chopped Sarris Milk Bloc Chocolate and Sarris Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cream butter, sugars vanilla and eggs together. Sift all dry ingredients together and stir into creamed ingredients. Add chocolate and nuts.
- Bake on parchment paper for 11-13 minutes.