Triple-Chocolate Pumpkin PieCourtesy of Martha Stewart
Please the pie lovers and chocoholics alike this Thanksgiving! This heightened classic becomes the perfect dessert for the holidays with a chocolate twist on pumpkin pie.
Ingredients for the graham cracker crust
- 2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs (about 16 crackers)
- 3 ounces (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 ounces Sarris Dark Break-up Chocolate or Sarris Dark Chocolate Bar, finely chopped
Ingredients for the filling
- Make the crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, sugars, salt, and cinnamon in bowl. Firmly press mixture into bottom and up sides of a deep, 9 1/2-inch pie dish. Bake until firm, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle Sarris Dark Chocolate over bottom of crust. Return to oven to melt chocolate, about 1 minute. Spread chocolate in a thin layer on bottom and up sides.
- Let cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Make the filling: In a large heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, melt Sarris Dark Chocolate and butter, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Mix pumpkin, milk, brown sugar, eggs, cornstarch, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and a pinch of cloves in a medium bowl. Whisk 1/3 pumpkin mixture into chocolate mixture. Whisk in remaining pumpkin mixture until completely incorporated.
- Transfer pie dish to a rimmed baking sheet, and pour pumpkin mixture into crust. Bake until center is set but still a bit wobbly, 55 to 60 minutes. Let cool in pie dish on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate until well chilled, at least 8 hours (preferably overnight). Before serving, drizzle melted Sarris Milk Chocolate on top. Serve immediately.