Recipe adapted from: The Pixelated Crumb http://pixelatedcrumb.com
Photo from The Pixelated Crumb
Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (from about 16 whole graham cracker rectangles)
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C).
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until evenly coated. Press mixture into a 9 inch pie plate. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until fragrant. Keep the oven running.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together cream and milk. Warm over medium-low heat. Add in chocolate and stir until chocolate has melted and is smooth. Slowly add the whisked eggs and mix until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate filling into baked pie crust. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until chocolate filling is set and does not move when pie is lightly shaken. Remove from oven.
- Using kitchen shears, cut marshmallows in half. Place halves in concentric circles over the top of the pie until it’s covered.
- Set oven to broil. Place pie under the broiler and lightly toast the marshmallows. This can take anywhere from 1-5 minutes, so watch those marshmallows very closely.
- Chill the pie in the refrigerator to set for at least 2-3 hours.
- To serve, spray a knife with non-stick cooking spray and cut the cold pie into slices. While the pie can be eaten cold, it’s really best when slightly warmed. Heat the pie slices in a microwave for 8-12 seconds before serving for the best results. Drizzle with chocolate sauce, if desired.
Article printed from Pixelated Crumb: http://pixelatedcrumb.com