Chocolate Covered Pretzel Pie
Adapted from Pillsbury.com
- 3 1/2 cups small pretzel twists
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup Sarris Dark Break-Up Chocolate or Sarris 2.25 oz. Dark Chocolate Bars (chopped)
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 4 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups frozen (thawed) whipped topping
- 1/2 cup caramel topping (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F. In food processor, place 3 cups of the pretzels and 1/4 cup brown sugar. Cover and process until finely chopped. Stir in melted butter. Press mixture in bottom and up sides of ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave 3/4 cup butter and the chopped Sarris chocolate, uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring once, until melted and smooth. Stir in 3/4 cup brown sugar and the granulated sugar. Stir in eggs. Stir in whipping cream, flour and vanilla. Pour into crust-lined plate.
- Bake 50 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely, about 3 hours.
- Coarsely crush remaining 1/2 cup pretzels. Top each slice of pie with dollop of whipped topping. Drizzle with optional caramel topping and sprinkle evenly with crushed pretzels.