Marshmallow Peanut Butter Topped Molten Chocolate Cakes
Recipe and photo adapted from steworastory.com
Peanut Butter Fudge Sauce Ingredients:
Directions (for cakes):
- Preheat oven to 425. Set out 4-6 ramekins. (Using 4 ramekins makes 4 large, rich servings. 6 would probably be more reasonable.) Combine 1 tablespoon flour and 1 tablespoon cocoa powder in a small bowl. Use butter to grease the inside of each ramekin, then sprinkle inside with flour/cocoa mixture to coat the sides and bottom evenly. Discard extra. Place ramekins on a baking sheet.
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter and dark chocolate. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until chocolate is just melted. Set aside to cool.
- Using an electric mixer, beat sugar and eggs until thick and yellow. Gently fold in the melted chocolate and then 1/4 cup flour. Spread 2/3 of the batter into the prepared ramekins. Spray a spoon with non-stick cooking spray; then use that spoon to scoop about a heaping tablespoon of marshmallow fluff onto each ramekin.
- Cover with remaining chocolate batter and bake for 16 minutes, or until tops are cracked but the middle is still slightly jiggly. Let cool for 5-10 minutes and then run the tip of a knife around the edge of each ramekin. Invert over a plate and tap gently, using a pot holder if necessary.
- Drizzle with peanut butter fudge sauce.
Directions (for sauce)
- Combine milk, sweetened condensed milk, chocolate, and peanut butter in a medium sauce pan. Cook over medium low heat for 6-7 minutes until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Sauce will thicken slightly as it cools.
< Return To Main List