Sarris Turtle Fudge
- 3 cups Sarris Dark Break Up Chocolate, chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 ½ Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 11 oz. Caramel Bits (I used Kraft Caramel Bits)
- 3 Tbsp. heavy cream
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with aluminum foil, making sure to leave some overhang for easy removal. Lightly grease the sides of the foil in the pan (to prevent the caramel from sticking to the foil) and set aside.
- Add the Sarris chocolate, sweetened condensed milk, and butter to a large saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring well until the mixture is completely smooth. Add in the chopped walnuts and stir until fully combined. Set aside.
- Add the caramel bits and heavy cream to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 20-30 second increments, stirring well after each increment, until the mixture is melted and smooth.
- Add half of the fudge to the prepared baking pan and smooth it out. Add all of the caramel on top and evenly distribute it on top of the fudge. Add the remaining half of the fudge and spread it out evenly over the caramel.
- Transfer fudge to the refrigerator for 3-4 hours (or overnight) or until the fudge is solid enough to cut into squares. Enjoy!
The caramel will soften at room temperature, so I suggest storing the fudge in the refrigerator until you're ready to serve it. Store any leftover fudge in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
* adapted from Live Well Bake Often
* photo by Candace Sarris
< Return To Main List