Chocolate Chip Cookie Blondie Bars
Recipe adapted from togetherasfamily.com
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, melted & cooled slightly
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups Sarris Dark Chocolate Breakup, chopped into chunks
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray and then line with parchment paper. The cooking spray will help the parchment paper stay in place. Or, just use cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir with a whisk to break up clumps
- In a bowl, or bowl of a stand mixer, combine melted and slightly cooled butter and brown sugar. Blend together until combined.
- Add in one egg and then blend. Add the other egg and vanilla extract and blend together until combined.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix until combined and no flour pockets remain in the batter. Add Sarris Dark Chocolate Breakup, reserving some for sprinkling on top if wanted. Stir to combine.
- Dump batter into the prepared pan and spread out evenly. Sprinkle the reserved chocolate chunks over top and gently press down. Bake for 24-26 minutes.
- The edges will be a light golden brown and "wrinkly." The middle will look pale. Let cool completely for one hour before cutting and serving.
< Return To Main List